India is defined by its diversity, its people, its landscapes and its traditions. Spirituality is the common thread strung across the vast and diverse tapestry that is the subcontinent, and nowhere epitomises this better than the world cities of Mumbai and Delhi, the sweeping plains and grand forts of Rajasthan, and the spectacular setting and character of the old British-Raj hill station in Shimla.
Immerse yourself in the life of luxury train travel as you discover the splendors of India’s most compelling destinations on the opulent Deccan Odyssey. Our journey begins in Mumbai, an epicentre of energy and rich history, and continues through Jodhpur, set like a pearl amidst the stark desert, renowned for its forts and glorious palaces. Visit the wondrous Taj Mahal as you traverse through Agra, and the palaces, mansions and formidable forts in ‘The City of Victory’, Jaipur. Enjoy 7 nights on the luxury Deccan Odyssey, 5-star hotels and resorts, all meals and a feast of cultural excursions, exploring India’s most prosperous and grand regions.
Choose to extend your journey to Shimla, the old British hill station, nestled in the foothills of the Himalayan mountains, where you will enjoy luxurious accommodation, views of the Himalayas and an exclusive private charter on the famous Shimla Mountain Railway.
At a glance
- Numerous architectural marvels including the Taj Mahal, the Agra Fort and the Mehrangarh Fort in Jodphur
- 7 nights on board the opulent Deccan Odyssey
- Stay in some of India’s most luxurious hotels and resorts
- Transfers, tipping, luggage handling and all meals included
- Beautiful landscapes and scenery at the Ranthambore Tiger Park, the jungles and mountains of the Gujarat state, and the lower Himalayas in Shimla
- Special excursions off the beaten track to numerous markets, villages, museums and palaces
- Optional extension to Shimla, and an exclusive charter of an old Viceroy’s rail car on the Himalayan Mountain Railway
- Enjoy delectable meals at some of India’s best restaurants