Unrivalled natural beauty, surreal sceneries, living century-old traditions, astounding food—these are just some of New Zealand’s unique and fascinating traits. Add to this an extensive rail network with an abundance of spectacular journeys, and you have all the ingredients for an unsurpassed adventure.
The North Island will welcome you with its vibrant cities, rich Maori culture and geothermal wonders. As you cross to the South, you’ll find yourself in a world of towering mountains, blissful lakes, majestic glaciers and pristine forests, untouched by time.
This tour makes the most of the offerings on both islands, with train journeys and luxury coach connections linking the major wine regions, heritage sites, cities and natural landscapes in one compact adventure.
At a glance
- Travel on the TranzApline, the Northern Explorer, the Taieri Gorge Railway and many exclusively chartered heritage railways
- Visit the fascinating museums of Te Papa, the Otago Settlers, MOTAT and the Rotorua Museum
- Traverse lakes and sea’s on the renowned ‘Earnslaw’ steamship, the ‘Interislander Ferry’ and the scenic ‘360 Discovery’ to the Coromandel
- Discover New Zealands quirky side at the futuristic Steampunk HQ exhibition in Oamaru, Peter Jackson’s own WW1 aircraft exhibition and the grand Larnach Castle and Gardens in Dunedin
- 19 nights in comfortable, 3-4 star hotels
- Optional excursions, including an exhilarating glacier helicopter ride, and a rail excursion to the Fell Locomotive museum and the Silver Stream railway
- Navigate the North and South islands in our comfortable, exclusively chartered coach for the entirety of the journey