All aboard for an authentic steam train journey heading to north-west Queensland to celebrate Cloncurry’s momentous milestone of 150 years and the 38th annual Cloncurry and District Show
Step back in time and travel by steam train with Queensland Rail’s beautifully preserved historic wooden carriages hauled by historic steam locomotives. The journey will take you along the once known Great Northern Railway Line, with stops along the way at Charters Towers, Hughenden, Richmond and Cloncurry.
Book end your special steam adventure with train travel on the Spirit of Queensland from Brisbane to Townsville and then a special Itineray from Cloncurry to Mt Isa, Winton and Longreach.
At a Glance
- Tour Highlights
- Spectacular 4 day steam hauled journey through Outback Queensland
- Travel aboard the ‘Spirit of Queensland’ from Brisbane to Townsville
- Explore tropical Townsville, the Reef HQ Aquarium and Magnetic Island
- Discover the hidden sights and stories of the mining city of Mount Isa
- Soak up the atmosphere of the Outback at the North Gregory Hotel in Winton
- Visit the Age of Dinosaurs Museum and famous Lark Quarry site
- Explore the Waltzing Matilda Centre, Combo Waterhole and open air Cinema
- Tour Longreach, the Stockman’s Hall of Fame and Qantas Founders Museum
- Finish the tour with a QantasLink flight from Longreach to Brisbane
- Comfortable coach connections and expert tour leader escort