Escape to North Queensland and enjoy exclusive private charters on the railways, roads and rivers from Cairns to the Gulf across Queensland’s wild Outback Savannah country. Here’s a rare opportunity to indulge in a gently paced week long adventure to North Queensland’s most intriguing destinations and natural wonders in the company of your hosts and a small size group. Your journey from the wet tropics to the Gulf of Carpentaria covers a variety of landscapes from the wide open gulf country with its snaking rivers and teeming wildlife across the numerous craggy ranges and lush agricultural tablelands.
The destinations offer a snapshot of life in this remote part of Australia and everywhere we go the culture and rich history is bought to life by your tour leaders and the many local guides that will join us.
At a glance
- Exclusive travel on a 2-day private charter of the legendary Savannahlander train from Cairns to Forsyth (or Forsyth to Cairns)
- Private charter of the iconic Gulflander train on part of the Croydon to Normanton line
- Privately chartered plane flight over the Gulf and wide Savannah country
- Guided excursions at Chilligoe caves, Undarra Lava Tubes, Cobbold Gorge and Karumba
- Special sunset sand island soiree, boat trip and dinner in the Gulf
- 2 nights at the wonderful Cobbold Gorge resort
- All meals including welcome and farewell dinners with drinks and a special mid tour Railway Adventures feast with your hosts and both groups of travellers on McDonald’s Deck at Cobbold Gorge.