The idyllic Scandinavian mid-summer is basked in never-ending sunshine and buzzing with high-spirited locals enjoying her evanescent beauty after a long, harsh winter. It is the ideal time to adventure through the stunning landscape by magnificent trains, boats and coaches.
This spectacular Scandinavian voyage kicks off from historical capital, Stockholm. Journey through to Lapland discovering Sweden’s untouched inland riding the stunning Inlandsbanan train.
As described by author Ernst Didring as ‘the Eighth Wonder of the World’, the legendary Ofoten line will take you beyond the Arctic Circle though to Norway’s northern coast to cruise the Lofoten islands by boat.
The Norland line that journeys on to the charming city of Trondheim is alive with scenic railway charm. Enjoy unparalleled views of the breathtaking landscapes of the Rauma and Flam railways on your journey to the iconic cities of Alesund and Bergen.
The unsurpassed beauty of the stupendous Scandinavia awaits.
At a glance
- Three days in the grand city of Stockholm and three days through the heart of Northern Sweden (Lapland)
- Two days journey on the unique Inlandsbanan
- Cruise the spectacular Lofoten Islands
- Iconic train journeys linking Bodo, medieval Trondheim, art nouveau Alesund and avant-garde Oslo
- Two nights in atmospheric Trondheim, three nights in Bergen, and two nights in Oslo
- 12 train journeys (including two steam specials), six boat trips and five scenic coach journeys
- Quality accommodation in centrally located 3-5 star hotels
- Meals included most days with many local delicacies on offer