The Silk Road – can there be a more evocative name when it comes to grand journeys, historical significance and the spirit of adventure? This coming March is your opportunity to experience firsthand one of the world’s truly great journeys in relaxed comfort – by luxury rail on the Orient Silk Road Express.
There is no better way to experience the diverse cultures and majestic sites of this spectacular route than through the intimacy of rail travel. This fully guided tour makes it easy.
It’s not overkill to say that the legendary Silk Road tour is one of those journeys that is filled with wonder around every corner. Visiting three countries and no less than seven UNESCO World Heritage Sites, you’ll experience the places and cultures that have astounded tavellers since the time of Marco Polo.
Wander through ancient cities and Arabian palaces, have your senses filled with the smell of spices and lively sights and sounds of traditional markets, and follow the paths that through the centuries have shaped civilisations.
From the expanse of the Caspian Sea to the majestic Tian Shan Mountains, your private train journey on the Orient Silk Road Express will take you through the central Asian countries of Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan giving you an insight into these exotic and still rarely-visited countries that few will ever have.
At a glance
- Traditional welcome ceremonies in Bukhara and Samarqand
- Insights into everyday life, witnessing crafts and traditions such as silk carpet weaving
- The fascinating excavations at ancient Afrosiyab
- The 600-year-old Ulugh Beg observatory
- The spectacular nature of the Karakum and Kyzylkum deserts and the Tian Shan mountains
- Local vodka and Uzbek wine tasting sessions