Tasmania’s wild and magical natural beauty, quirky and stimulating art scene, living industrial and colonial heritage and small collection of extraordinary railway journeys are the inspiration for this tour around Australia’s special ‘Holiday State”.
A wide variety of experiences within easy reach make Tasmania an ideal holiday destination and our tour, taking you on a wide loop around the island, brings together a wonderful collection of iconic sights, scenery and interesting encounters.
See yourself riding in the balcony coach of a hard-working steam train up the wild West Coast mountains, soaking up the wonders of modern art at MONA, sipping whisky in the atmosphere of a stone clad distillery or being in the zone beside sublime Cradle Mountain Lake. You will also be treated to welcoming locals, gourmet foods and wines, quality accommodation and unique side trips on rail, road and river in the company of your experienced and knowledgeable host.
At a glance
- Tour along the line at the atmospheric Don River Railway and museum.
- Ride the classic Ida Bay Railway to the Southport Lagoon
- Vintage train ride in Tullah and unique pedal-powered ‘Railtrack’ experience.
- West Coast Wilderness Railway adventure from Strahan to Queenstown with champagne, wine and feasting in the trains charming restaurant balcony car
- Special excursion by ferry to MONA in the Posh Pit
- Unique lodging of Ratho Homestead
- Distilleries, wineries, museums, markets and nature tours and walks
- First night gala welcome dinner at legendary Stillwater in Launceston