Vienna, once a frontier outpost of the Roman Empire, with a rich and glorious history befitting its nickname of The Imperial City, is a fitting launching pad for our epic springtime European adventure. Travel via Styria, Slovenia, greeting Italy from the north and taking time to indulge in Tuscany’s great cities, scenery and centres of culture. Stories of the Renaissance, and other engrossing tales and characters are connected to the sites you visit all the way into Rome. An extended stay in the Eternal City provides a base for all manner of explorations and side trips to ancient, monumental and modern Rome and of course the endless wonders of St Peter’s Basilica and the Vatican museums.
Linking this adventure which includes our luxury coach that follows us most of the way with the luggage is a wide variety of different trains, from high speed inter-city expresses to character-filled vintage specials and quirky historic street-cars.
A feast of culinary delights awaits and our handpicked guides will illuminate your experiences of the museums, galleries and World Heritage sites we conveniently find at the end of the line. Embark on this extraordinary railway odyssey and enjoy a wealth of unique experiences through the very heart and soul of Austria, Slovenia and Italy.
At a glance
- Train and luxury coach travel through Austria, Slovenia and Italy
- Special heritage steam train excursion through Slovenia’s spectacular Soca Valley
- Local guided tours in Vienna, Graz, Ljubljana, Trieste, Padua and Rome
- Multiple nights in most places and long stays in Montecatini and Rome
- Private vintage tram charter in Vienna and Graz
- A special cave train experience in Postonia
- 3 nights in the heart of Tuscany at the charming Montecatini close to Florence, Lucca and Pisa
- 3 nights at the magical Lake Bled and 3 nights at the Domus Australia, a home away from home in Rome
- Optional extension to stunning Sicily