In Germany, the past is very much present wherever you go. Symbols of triumph and tragedy stand amongst modern-day life, century’s-old architecture is blended with cutting edge design, a plethora of natural wonders long to be explored, and hearty gastronomy is around every corner. Germany’s absorbing story is everywhere you go, and a cast of intriguing characters weave this tale skilfully.
Base your adventure in four of the country’s most culturally and historically iconic cities. Explore in detail on comprehensive day trips that include guided city tours; visiting character-filled towns; and soaking up the sights, sounds and flavours of places such as Dresden, Potsdam, Cologne and the Rhine Valley. This comprehensive escorted railway adventure showcases Germany in glorious detail and includes luxury coach charter and porterage throughout, with extended stays in cities, ensuring your comfort and giving you the flexibility and freedom to explore independently.
At a glance
- Heritage railway excursions including the Harz Narrow-Gauge Railways and the Dampfbahn Railway
- Cruise from Boppard to Rüdesheim in the UNESCO World Heritage Rhine River region
- Visit the Pilgrimage Church of Wies and the incredible Sanssouci Palace and Cecilienhof Palace
- Enjoy a comprehensive tour of Berlin visiting the Reichstag Building, Holocaust Memorial, Berlin Wall, Checkpoint
- Charlie and the Brandenburg Gate
- Stay in some of the most historically and culturally significant cities in Europe
- Day trips to the fascinating cities of Cologne, Dresden, Nuremberg and Potsdam
- Expert local guides and comfortable coach connections, with luggage transport throughout