When it comes to spectacular diversity, there’s nowhere in the world our South Africa tour. Its mix of stunning landscapes, fascinating cultures and natural wonders has captured the imagination of explorers, empire builders and travellers for eons. Right from the first landings of Portuguese sailors in the 15th Century, the wealth of the region has been an irresistible draw for fortune hunters of all sorts. But today’s adventurers are drawn by different riches – from the majestic game parks and wild savannah landscapes to the rugged coastlines, lush winelands and the ever colourful cities and towns, it’s no surprise Southern Africa is on many a traveller’s ultimate bucketlist.
South Africa is also fortunate to have a wealth of classic rail journeys and unique trains that make travelling in this wonderful region even more special. Chief among these is Rovos Rail, a train that has a rightful claim to its billing as the most luxurious in the world. Travelling from Pretoria to Cape Town and up to Victoria Falls, you’ll be guided through the history and culture of this fascinating region. Get up close and personal with Africa’s iconic wildlife on a private game reserve, savour the region’s finest cuisines and famous wines, explore the mighty Zambezi by boat and steam train and see inside the world’s largest diamond mines. And that’s just the start of what you’ll experience on this grand South Africa tour of these great southern lands.
At a glance
- Two nights aboard the lavish Rovos Rail train in a Pullman Suite, including all meals and alcoholic beverages
- Two nights’ all inclusive stay in a contemporary private game lodge in the Greater Kruger National Park region
- A full-day tour of Cullinan, including a trip on the Diamond Express steam train and lunch
- Half-day Table Mountain tour
- Full-day Franschhoek Wine Tram tour
- Guided tour of the UNESCO World Heritage Listed Victoria Falls
- Farewell dinner on the opulent Royal Livingstone Express Train