Embark on a round trip traversing the bustling and cutting-edge cities, scenic countryside’s, towering mountains, rolling hills and incredibly scenic rivers of Thailand and Laos. Characterised and recognised by friendly faces, sparkling temples and world-class cuisine, these two lands epitomize the best of South East Asia. In this jam-packed tour, you’ll experience a unique mix of characters and destinations, sights, sounds and tastes that make these two countries so special. From the sombre and deeply affecting Death Railway and Hellfire Pass, to the sublime and majestic mountains of Laos and the Mekong River. Visit the ancient Thai capital of Ayutthaya and the spectacular World Heritage-listed town of Luang Prabang. Whistle along as we cross the Bridge Over The River Kwai, take a steam train trip through Bangkok and meet local tribe people still living their traditional way of life. Top it all off with an Australian tour leader well versed in South East Asian travel, local guides along the way and the highest class of travel wherever possible!
- Visit Hellfire Pass and WWII Death Railway memorials
- Ride over the Bridge Over The River Kwai
- Visit the ancient capital of Thailand, Ayutthaya
- Take in the spectacular scenery of the mountainous region of Laos
- Stay in the UNESCO World Heritage town of Luang Prabang
- Spend two days cruising the Mekong River
- Celebrate The King’s Birthday public holiday with a steam train journey in Bangkok